ISWO at a Glance
Indira Social Welfare Organization- ISWO is a non government, non-partisan and not for profit
organization established in1985 with Dhenkanal and neighboring districts as areas of intensive action. We are
registered under ‘Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860’ Registration No.DKL. 2111/149 of 1989-90 dated
Our key programs-cum-strategies
- Mass awareness and redress against violence against women.
- Countering gender disparity and establishment of women’s right.
- Facilitating accessibility of Social Security Schemes.
- Promoting education, health & sanitation and employment opportunity to socially marginalized groups.
Mass Awareness and sensitization
- Awareness and sensitization through cultural activities, public rallies, meetings, seminars.
- Campaign and movements on primary social & livelihood issues.
- Enhancing economic development of women through and promotion of SHGs/ self employment
- Training for rural entrepreneurship development (skill training on embroidery, zari craft & patch work,
- tailoring, appliqué, candle making, leaf cup & plate and providing platform for marketing).
- Facilitation and nurturing of child welfare and protection of child rights
Farm based livelihood
- Facilitating community exposure to advance farming practices for a better farm based livelihood
- Protection of environment (care of local natural resources)
Gender Justice, Child Welfare & Education, Human Rights, Violence free household, Livelihood promotion &
Income generative activities, Awareness & sensitization, Universal sanitation & health, Promotion of Local
Natural Environment. We actively take part in addressing all kind of social issues existing in our society with other development sectors.